Good morning everyone, mom here.
Sorry we didn’t post another update last night, we didn’t make it home until late and to say ceci was exhausted would be an understatement.
Ceci has been having issues once again with her urinary stoma and the past 2 weeks she had been fighting an infection in her abdomen.
They put her on a 3 day course of antibiotics but things were not getting better.
Cec was also having vomiting and bladder spasms. Urology decided that additional testing needed to done. Monday we went to our local hospital and had chest and abdomen scans done.
We then received a call on Tuesday afternoon from urology letting us know that ceci had a large amount of stool in her in intestines and impaction was a concern.
Since her urinary stoma was also totally inaccessible, bleeding and swollen doctor decided that ceci needed to go into the OR for emploritory surgery to look inside her bladder, try to reopen her stoma pathway and remove any tissue that was inflamed or infected. Thankfully she was able to pass the guide wire through her bladder and get it back through her abdomen.
Peds surgery also consulted on her case, since they manage her cecostomy and joined her urology doctor in the OR.
It was decided that her cecostomy tubing type needed to change. So they removed her mini one button out of her intestine and replaced it with a mic g tube for her irrigation. Thank god, there was not an impaction.
After everything was done Ceci received another heavy dose of antibiotics and they sent her to PACU.
It took her a bit longer then usual to wake up this time, but I think it’s because she’s just been so worn out. It has been a very hard and exhausting 2 weeks for all of us.
Unfortunately we had a bad thunderstorm a little over a week ago and for the first time our finished basement that has 2 bedrooms, a living room, bathroom and exercise room flooded. We had 5 inches in every room and we lost so much.
We have been working nonstop to get everything out and cleaned up, but it’s been heart breaking.
So things have just been crazy around here.
Ceci is doing better today and is resting 🙂 it’s raining again here so I’m sure she’ll be sleeping on and off.
She’s comfortable today but we’re not out of the woods yet.
We have to make sure the g tube will work for her irrigations and this weekend we’ll be removing the tubing in her urinary stoma to see if it’s functional again.
We’re praying that these issues will be resolved and she won’t have to go back in for another surgery.
Please pray that our girl gets better and that she’s out of the woods with these health issues.
Thank you all for thinking of her, sharing her need for prayers and for sending good thoughts her way!
We’ll be back soon.
Lots of love and hugs,
Alexis (mom) and Ceci Marie
~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~