Day 3- Scoli surgery

We are in day 3 of this hospital stay for Ceci, for her major spinal fusion surgery and this afternoon is better compared to early this morning.

Around midnight last night ceci’s pain was around a 7 or 8.

Her epidural decided to give us some issues and it took the nurse about 20 minutes to get it restored and boy did we see how much she needs this right now.😭

We had to dose her with 12 mics of Fentanyl, iv valium and cover her in hot packs to get her to stop crying and allow the epidural to kick back in.

We did not get very much sleep but she’s been drifting in and out again today.

Good news in the midst of all the pain, ceci has been moved out of the intensive care unit and has been allowed to go across the hall to the intermediate side.

This is good! Her stats have been holding steady and no fever 😁

She is still on monitors, has a back drain in her spine draining the excess blood, has the epidural and will be monitored closely but moving out of the “fish bowl” is wonderful!

If she continues to make improvements she may get to go to the general pediatric floor either over the weekend or Monday.

She is happier today. That’s because for the first time in days they have allowed her to eat some real food.

Ceci had some bites of a cheese quesadilla and a few bites of vanilla ice cram and chocolate cake.

You know our girl 😊😊😊 her favorite thing in the whole wide world is chocolate! So as soon as she was given the okay to start eating she had momma looking for anything chocolate. 🍫

Not too long ago the brace guy came by to drop off Ceci’s new support brace she’ll have to wear until her back heals.

And boy is it bigger than I imagined.

She’ll wear a stretch tank top under the brace and then clothing over it.

I didn’t even think about the fact that she’s going to need different clothing ☹

Her shirts are definitely not going to fit over her new brace and I’m thinking comfy dresses are going to be best since her incision is from below her neck to her bottom and having pants rubbing would be too much.

We are going to need to do some clothing shopping for sis.

Well guys going to let Ceci get a little bit of rest.

But we’ll be back soon.

Thank you for keeping our girl in your thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love and hugs,

Alexis, Cecilia Marie and our special family πŸ’œ

~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~

😁 per kind request, cards can be sent to our home for Ceci and we will delivery them to her as dad and family comes up:

Cecilia Marie

915 8th street

Rock Island, IL 61201

14 thoughts on “Day 3- Scoli surgery

1. Juanita Moore July 25, 2019 / 10:38 pm

Continuing to pray for all of you. Glad that Ceci has had some relief today. What size tank tops and dresses does Ceci wear? Is she now in women’s sizes?

Liked by 1 person

• Ceci's Courage Crew July 25, 2019 / 10:42 pm

😊 thank you nana.

Ceci is now in womans large for tank tops and for dresses to fit over this new brace without being too tight, I would say a womans 2xl to be safe.

Normally without the brace she’d be in Xlarge for juniors.

2. Amanda Abbot July 25, 2019 / 8:15 pm

I had the same surgery 30 years ago so I know what she’s going thru..
    I also had to wear a brace like this. Just to warn you she will get very hot in it so make sure you have plenty of under clothes as she will go through them. It’s not comfortable either especially at her age so u may need a bit of bribery lol. Good luck Ceci. Your doing very well. Feel free to message me if you need any advice.

Liked by 1 person

• Ceci's Courage Crew July 25, 2019 / 9:38 pm

Thank you for sharing Amanda.

It’s good to hear tips from others that have gone through the same.

They only gave 2 under shirt knits, so im going to have to get her some more tanks to put under it.

She’s not going to be happy about wearing it full time 😭 I know it’s going to be a battle.

I think your right, some bribery may be needed lol.

Thanks again Amanda.

πŸ’œ

3. Sandee McMinn July 25, 2019 / 7:53 pm

I am so glad Ceci is doing better. I know she has a long way to go, but she can do it. I know you Mom have to be so tired. I also know the “beds” for a parent are not 100% the best, but I’m sure it will work for you. Been there, done that a long time ago. I’ve been praying for Ceci and you and family and will continue to do so.

Liked by 1 person

• Ceci's Courage Crew July 25, 2019 / 9:40 pm

πŸ’œ thank you Sandee.

Yeah between the stool ive been sitting on next to her bed everyday and the plastic couch my back is not happy but I’d do anything for her 😊

4. Sharon Kilpatrick July 25, 2019 / 6:58 pm

So glad her afternoon has been better! Continued prayers and love! Hope you both get some needed rest tonight!

Liked by 1 person

5. Ann Watts Mosich July 25, 2019 / 5:51 pm

Could you please Send me your address so that I
    can send Ceci a card and a surprise . Glad to hear that she’s doing somewhat better. I’ll be praying that she’ll be able to be transferred to the pediatric ward soon.

Liked by 1 person

• Ceci's Courage Crew July 25, 2019 / 5:53 pm

πŸ’œ ceci can receive mail @
      Cecilia Marie