It looks like Ceci has a bad infection in her surgical site 😭
We are waiting on the final word but it sounds like she’ll have to go back into surgery tomorrow to debrid her back, reclose and apply a wound vac.
They are working with wound and are consulting the Pediatric team to see what course of IV antibiotics we should get her started on.
We are working hard to get our girl out of pain and feeling better. Her pain has been so bad that they started her back on morphine and norco to help her get some relief.
We didn’t get settled here at Children’s until around 3:30am so it’s been a long night and morning for us.
We do not know how bad the infection is yet but we should have preliminary culture results tonight.
Please pray for Ceci and our family at this time.
Our girl is exhausted, upset, angry and tired of this all ☹ and we’re very worried about her.
I’ll update again as we know more.
Lots of love and hugs,
Alexis, Cecilia Marie and our special family 💜
~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~
Ceci’s Amazon medical needs wish list