Let the Testing Begin

Good morning everyone and thank you for your vigilant prayers and good thoughts through the night πŸ™

We arrived in Peoria yesterday evening and our first challenge was to get Ceci’s pain under control, admit her in and speak with her doctors about these new symptoms our girl is experiencing.

Today we’ve spoken with most of her teams and it’s going to be a full work up day.

She’s going to have an ultrasound of her liver, gallbladder and kidneys.

Then xrays of her legs and hips.

Followed by a CT of her abdomen and more blood work.

There are several concerns with her pain being so intolerable and her CRP being through the roof.

There’s been talk about many possibilities- kidney stones, kidney infection, gallbladder stones, liver disease or damage, another fracture in her legs from her osteoporosis or bowel obstruction.

If these can all be ruled out then of course we’re back to the major and scarier threat- does she have another spinal infection that would infect her 2 shunts?!?!

Her pain seems to be worse today 😭

Me and the nurse turned her to get a transfer mat under her and our sweet girl cried and cried.

I hate seeing her in so much pain again. It just breaks me down.

I’m praying so hard that we can figure out the source of her pain quickly and help relieve the pain for sis.

This strong little fighter needs much more time back home.

Be back as soon as I know more.

Lots of Love and Hugs,

Alexis (mom), Cecilia Marie and Our Special Family πŸ’œ

~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~

TeamCeciStrong

6 thoughts on “Let the Testing Begin

1. Shayne Frankel October 13, 2019 / 6:52 pm

Dear Alexis and Ceci – I can’t begin to imagine the stress and anxiety you are each experiencing with all of the unknowns that have led to Ceci returning to the hospital. So many hugs, prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way — and confidence that these doctors know her and will find answers, and comfort for her. Loving hugs

Liked by 1 person

2. Juanita Moore October 13, 2019 / 5:15 pm

I was so sorry to learn that Ceci is in such pain. I continue to pray for her and have asked my church to pray for her, as well. Hopefully, answers from her team will come soon and she will be able to return home.

Liked by 1 person

3. Betty Colborn October 13, 2019 / 2:55 pm

I’m constantly praying to our Lord Jesus to help the medical staff to find out what is happening. I am so sorry Ceci is going through this. Breaks my heart. Praying for you too mom and family for peace and comfort.

Liked by 1 person

4. Inez Rathjen October 13, 2019 / 9:36 am

Praying so hard for quick relief & some good answers. Hang in there sweetie!

Liked by 1 person

5. Gail Miller October 13, 2019 / 9:14 am

Praying for answers

Liked by 1 person

6. eleisha34 October 13, 2019 / 9:02 am

Praying for you baby girl love u lots

Liked by 1 person