Better Evening

Evening everyone, thank you for coming back by to check on Cec.

Our girl slept most of the day away today but I’m happy to say she’s sitting up with the head of the bed- watching Glee and eating some food 🙂 right now.

Around 3:30 we had to wake her up and see if we could get her BP up and because they ordered an ultrasound on her kidneys.

She was exhausted but did just fine through the test. Due to the decrease in her urine output there was concern that she may have swelling in her ureters or another stone causing a blockage.

Happy to report that her kidneys look good along with the pathways. She does have a kidney stone on the left side but it’s in a good position and isn’t causing any issues. So for now they are watching it.

Now on to some harder news 😟

Ceci’s 2nd set of blood cultures are growing bacterial infection again. This is after 3 rounds of iv antibiotics. Her CRP levels are also rising.

They are drawing blood cultures everyday so by tomorrow we should have the next set of results from this morning and we’ll just keep going daily until we get a negative.

If we continue to see positives, infectious disease will re-evaluate our course of treatment for sis.

Fingers crossed tomorrow brings good news.

Thank you to everyone that has shown such support during this difficult time 💞

Thank you to angels- Cathy B., Tina & Dino, Gina M., and Nina P. for giving to help our family during Ceci’s hospital stay.

Be back soon.

Lots of love and hugs,
Alexis, Cecilia Marie and Our Special Family 💜

~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~

Support to help with Ceci’s Medical costs that aren’t covered by insurance, and expenses related to mommas hospital stay-
Verification code- 5931



Hospital Mailing Address

Day 3 and Praying

Mail for Ceci

It’s 1pm here in Iowa City, Iowa and Our girl is still fast asleep.

This infection is really taking it out of her 😔

She continues to get around the clock iv antibiotics in hopes that we can beat this, and get our sweet girl back to being healthy and happy.

She hasn’t eaten much the past few days, her heart rate and blood pressure is low and her urine output is decreasing.

To say we’re worried is a understatement……

We’re going to wake her shortly to help get her cleaned up and hopefully figure out some things.

It was a very long night with concern and me standing at the monitors watching closely.

I’ve been in close contact with her dad and all the kids back home. It’s so hard because they can’t be here right now, I can’t leave her side and dad is struggling to stay at work because his heart is hurting with worry about our baby girl.

Waiting is the hardest part.

We’re waiting to see if the antibiotics will help… we’re waiting on the next set of blood cultures to come back… we’re waiting for the next set of pain medications to keep her comfortable…. we’re just waiting!

I know we have a huge and amazing team of prayer warriors and good thought angels by our side and we can’t say thank you enough for that ❤

I’m sorry that I can’t respond to each and everyone of your messages, emails and phone calls but please know we’re reading them all and holding your words close to our hearts.

Continue to pray with us for healing for sissy girl.

Lots of love, hugs and appreciation,

Alexis, Cecilia Marie and Our Special Family 💜

~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~

To help with Ceci’s hospital costs not covered by insurance, medical expenses and expenses related to our stay-

🎗Thank you for support 🎗



Wide Awake and Worried

Morning everyone.

Hopefully our friends on this side of the world are resting peacefully tonight and Our friends on the other side are having a much better day.

We’ve been awake for a few hours now.

Sis is having some issues with low bp so they are monitoring her closely because of the sepsis.

We are grateful to say, even though her bp is low she is coherent and her state of mind is our positive sweet girl.

She’s exhausted but understands why they have to keep waking her and retaking vitals.

They’ve ordered another set of labs, including blood cultures so they’ll be in soon to conduct those too.

Please continue to pray for sis.

That the Antibiotics knock the sh*t out of this bloodstream infection and that she remains fighting strong!

Be back if anything changes tonight……never mind I meant early this morning. Nights over 😳 I don’t think my mind is all together right now.

The worry, stress and lack of sleep have me in the twilight zone.

Be back soon

Lots of love, hugs and appreciation,

Alexis, Cecilia Marie and Our Special Family 💜

~Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~

To help with Ceci’s Medical expenses and hospitalization stay-
Venmo @Alexis-Leihsing



Sepsis Awareness

I almost made the mistake of thinking this was something viral 😔😭😓 and almost let our sweet girl stay home and try to sleep.

My heart aches thinking what would have happened……

Please make sure you know the signs and symptoms of Sepsis!

It could mean the difference between life and death.

Ceci had all these symptoms and I didn’t link two and two together until she went down hill very quickly.

Ceci is fighting so hard right now. Continue to pray our girl makes it through and can get back to being Ceci Strong 💪

🛑 PLEASE HIT SHARE at the bottom of this post and repost.

It may save a life!

Day 2

Hi guys, Mom here.

It has been a rough night for our girl. She’s been in so much pain all night and this morning that we only got 2 hours of sleep.

Her entire body is hurting. And I can’t comfort her 🥺 Just touching her skin causes her to cry out in pain.

They have been hitting her with wide spectrum antibiotics since we were at our ER.

We’re currently at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.

She’s been getting heavy antibiotics- Ampicilin, Rocephin and Zosyn by iv.

Ceci is septic and we just found out a few minutes ago that…..

she has a horrible blood stream infection. She’s positive for gram negative bacteria.

This is very scary but explains why she got sick so fast and so severe.

We finally have her fever and pain at a controlled level with around the clock Tylenol, ibuprofen and Atarax.

As of now Ceci girl is stable vital wise, but she’s not out of the water 😭

The next 2 days will be critical and will tell infectious disease and the team what to do next.

Please, please pray hard with us that she gets better soon.

And that we can continue to control her pain and she can rest.

She was so sick yesterday and this morning my heart hurts so bad. We have been so worried about our girl.

They just came and drew another round of blood cultures off her port and are running them to see if the antibiotics are helping. We should know more tomorrow.

Thank you so very much for following with us on this and praying so hard for Ceci.

And thank you to everyone that sent me Birthday wishes and love yesterday.

🥴 I kept forgetting it was my birthday because I was so worried about sis. But I appreciate the love guys 💜

Be back soon

Lots of love, hugs and appreciation to you all

Alexis, Cecilia Marie and Our Special Family

~ Spina Bifida Fighters and Survivor ~




Ambulance Ride

Things are scary right now.

Ceci’s being transported to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital by ambulance.

There is real concern about Sepsis 😢

Her HR is still running in the 150-170’s, high fever, her breathing is fast and she’s in pain everywhere.

Update when we get there and get her stable.

Please pray hard for Ceci. She is very ill. Please ask all prayer warriors to pray hard for our girl.

ER Waiting

They are running blood cultures, urine cultures, chest x-rays, swabbing her for flu, covid, respiratory panel, Mono and strep.

Her heart rate is 178, bp 142/ 102 and temp is 102.2

Her head and body is causing her allot of pain as well.

Prayers for answers soon please.