Our sweet girl is heading into surgery in the next couple hours 😔
She’s still testing positive for blood poisoning even after 4 days of strong around the clock IV antibiotics.
Yesterday was a hard day.
We went from having a good morning to her vitals rising again and Ceci not having an appetite.
They are controlling her fever and pain with the highest doses of Ibuprofen and Tylenol possible for her and she’s getting it on a timed schedule.
They tried to stop a dose to see what would happen and poor girls heart rate shot back up to 150’s and her fever went back up.
After extensive conversations with Infectious Disease and her other teams they believe that Ceci’s bloodstream infection is clinging to something in her body.
☹ This is very scary because as most of you know sis has allot of foreign bodies in her.
She has her VP shunt in her brain, her mediport in her chest, rods in her left femur, plates in her right hip, plates in her left ankle and a ton of screws and plates in her entire spine.
Today we have to start from the beginning. They are going to remove her mediport from her chest wall and the Line team is coming in to see where else they can get access. It’s going to be difficult.
Ceci has her port because she can’t hold an iv or arterial line. Due to her extensive history of multiple surgeries and too many hospital stays our girls veins are not stable.
If all else fails they will be placing a PIC line. She absolutely needs a source of access so we can continue to give her IV antibiotics, fluids and the medications she needs.
The line has to come out because there’s real concern she’s at risk for Endocarditis or a lung cavity infection.
Pray hard with us friends!
That the surgeons hands are guided by God today, that we can control Ceci’s pain afterwards, that the Line team will be able to place new intravenous access for her, and that she will start getting better after they remove her port.
Be back soon 🙏🙏🙏